Thursday, March 29, 2007

"Love the life you live, live the life you love."

When hearing this phrase for the first time, this phrase stuck in my head. Not only did it flow well, but it sounded to me that it really is a good line to live by. The first part of this phrase to me is important because I think it is important, especially for me to start "loving" the life I have because it could very much be worse. The second part of the phrase is important because I think it is very important that we should try to live the kind of life we want. But I started to think about it and is this phrase sort of like the "have your cake and eat it too" thing? Is it only really only possible to love the life you live when you are living a life that you want and love. Because you can love a life that you don't live or can you live a life that you don't love. People do it everyday, we obsess over celebrities and love their lives, the lives that we don't have. We wish for the things that they have, and what we don't have. People also often live lives that they are unsatisfied with, and never try to change it. Or if you learn to love the life you already live, in the end will you be living the life you love? I think that I should try to live the life I want, and change so I have a life I want, so I can learn to love it.

No comments: